100+ Bible Verses for Encouragement
The Bible, amongst many other of its benefits is also a major source of encouragement. When all hope is lost and there is no other place to run to, the Bible is always there to show you a way out. The verses in the Bible are not mere words, they were written out of inspiration by the Holy Spirit and they possess divine powers. Constant reading of the Bible and its application can open your eyes to the solution you have long been searching for. Here are some of the bible verses for encouragement.
125 Bible Verses For Encouragement
1. Psalm 46:1-3 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. “Selah”
2. 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
3. Psalm 16:8 – I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
4. Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
5. 1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
6. Psalms 34:4 – I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
7. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
8. Romans 15:13 – Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
9. Psalms 126:5 – They that sow in tears shall reap in joy
10. Psalm 118:14-16 -The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things! The LORD’s right hand is lifted high; the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!”
11. Psalm 119:114-115 – You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God!
12. Psalm 119:25 – I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word.
13. Psalm 119:50 – My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.
14. 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
15. Psalms 121:1-8 – (A Song of degrees.) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
16. Proverbs 30:5 – Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
17. Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
18. Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
19. Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
20. Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
21. Psalm 119:71 – It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
22. Psalm 120:1 – I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me
Encouragement Bible Verses
23. I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. John 14:27
24. In the day of my trouble I will call on You, for You will answer me. Psalm 86:7
25. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
26. But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 1 John 4:4
27. The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Luke 18:27Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)
28. May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Romans 15:5
29. If God be for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
30. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33
31. So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
32. Yet in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Rom 8:37
33. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Psalm 121:2-3
34. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. 2 Thessalonians 2: 16-17
35. No power in the sky above or in the earth below – indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)
36. Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalm 55:22
37. Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus. Romans 15:5
38. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
39. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
40. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
41. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Matthew 28:20
42. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
43. God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1
44. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
45. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted. Hebrews 2:18
46. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 2 Timothy 4:7
47. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17
48. Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1
Best Encouraging Bible Verses
49. John 16.33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
50. Philippians 4:6-7 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
51. John 14.27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
52. 2 Corinthians 11:27-28 ”I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure upon me of concern for all the churches.’
53. Psalm 34:17 “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.”
54. Romans 8:6 “So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.”
55. Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
56. Psalm 16:8 “I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”
57. Psalm 56:3-4 “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can [mere] man do to me?”
58. Psalm 32:7-8 “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”
59. Romans 8:31 “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
60. Ephesians 1:4 “Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him In love.”
61. Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
62. John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
63. Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.”
64. John 16:33 “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
65. Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”
66. 1 John 4:4 “Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
67. Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
68. Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from me, declares the LORD.”
69. Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
70. Zephaniah 3:17 “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”
71. Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
72. Isaiah 40:31 “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
73. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Encouraging Bible Verses For Women
74. Proverbs 31:10 – An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.
75. 1 Timothy 3:11 – Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things.
76. 1 Peter 3:1-2 – In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.
77. 1 Chronicles 16:11 – Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually.
78. Titus 2:3-5 – Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.
79. Genesis 3:16 – To the woman He said, “I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain, you will bring forth children; yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.”
80. Matthew 19:26 – And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
81. Genesis 2:18 – Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”
82. Psalms 73:26 – My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
83. Proverbs 31:10-31 – An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil All the days of her life. [Read more…]
84. Proverbs 11:16 – A gracious woman attains honor, And ruthless men attain riches.
85. 1 Timothy 2:9-10 – Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
86. Proverbs 31:30 – Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
87. Colossians 3:18 – Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
88. Proverbs 14:1 – The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands.
89. Genesis 2:24 – For this reason, a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
90. Proverbs 19:13 – A foolish son is destruction to his father, And the contentions of a wife are a constant dripping.
91. 1 Peter 3:1-7 – In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives, as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior. Your adornment must not be merely external-braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses. [Read more…]
92. Proverbs 12:4 – An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who shames him is like rottenness in his bones.
Encouraging Bible Verses For Men
93. “The Lord gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: “Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you.” – Deuteronomy 31:23
94. “But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.” – Hebrews 3:6
95. “Immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed.” – Mark 6:51
96. “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear …” – 1 John 4:18
97. “Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened.” – 1 Peter 3:13-14
98. “Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly.” – Philippians 1:12-14
99. “For whatsoever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” – Romans 15:4
100. “Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” – Psalms 119:105
101. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
102. “I promise you what I promised Moses: ‘Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you … No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you.” – Joshua 1:3-9
103. “The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?” – Psalm 27:1
104. “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.” – Psalm 103:13
105. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
106. “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” – Psalm 27:14
107. “But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened.” – 1 Peter 3:14
108. “David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.” – Chronicles 28:20
109. “Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.” – Matthew 10:26
110. “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” – Matthew 10:28
111. “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.” – 1 Corinthians 16:13
Bible Verses About Encouraging Others
112. Acts 20:35 – I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
113. Hebrews 3:13 – But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
114. Proverbs 12:25 – Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.
115. Ephesians 4:29 – Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
116. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 – Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
118. Hebrews 10:24-25 – And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works
119. Matthew 25:1-5 – Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
120. Psalms 34:1-22 – ([A Psalm] of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed.) I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise [shall] continually [be] in my mouth.
121. Psalms 24:2 – For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
122. 1 Thessalonians 4:18 – Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
123. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 – Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
124. Romans 15:13 – Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
125. Romans 15:4 – For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.