The Sun in the Sign of Leo
Leo is the Zodiac sign of sunny outbursts and drama. The Lion’s planetary ruler the Sun is the shiniest orb among the wanderers, and that’s Leo, too. Leo gets far on charm and force of will, but also wants to achieve greatness. Leo’s characters have a key sustained effort.
Qualities of the Sun in Leo
- One mission of Leo is to radiate a very concentrated sense of Self. Leo has an imperative to be who they really are and in a big way. Many are social extroverts, and Leo relates to things like just-for-fun activities and adventures.
- Leo in love is demanding and expects total loyalty. The Lion wants to feel special, but not just friendly special he wants to be one-of-a-kind special. Leo wilts without attention and praise, but it has to be genuine.
- The Leo nature is confident, and they’re natural leaders. Some Leos have to grow into these big Leo shoes, especially if they’re treated disrespectfully in childhood.
- The dark side of Leo is chronic dissatisfaction, like a royal whose been dethroned, and is having to slum it. If resentment builds, Leo gets cranky and takes it out on those closest to them.
- An unhappy Leo throws its weight around, and might be that person that gets the waitstaff to bend over backwards, and is still not satisfied.
- There are (at least) three magic gifts of Leo, including passion, being heir to a kind of natural aristocracy and being powered by the central star, the sun. Leo has dignity, physical vitality and is often the cheerleader for colleagues or friends.
- A teen Leo likes a lot of attention and is a natural leader in the clique. It’s often said that Leo takes heartbreak harder than other signs, especially if it’s wounding to the pride.
- A Leo child is a natural performer, and though they may grow up to have a “regular” job, she still has those moments of putting on a show. Leo kids thrive with creative activities and may take a special interest in one area.
It’s hard not to like those with the Sun in Leo with their open-hearted, friendly ways.They often enter a room with a radiant presence that causes everyone to take notice and are skilled at “working” a crowd for best effect.
As a friend, they have a knack for mining a buried dream, polishing it to a shine again, and making anything seem possible. They are fiery, and that’s contagious.
There’s a public confidence with the Leo sun that other signs only dream of, which gives them free reign to fully express their creative and social selves. Whether they end up in civil service or on a Broadway stage, chances are they’ll have an audience. When standing proudly before adoring fans (or co-workers), they’re casting out warmth that has a palpable power to win hearts and minds.
Leo has a hard time with the mundane and will be drawn to colorful careers and dramatic relationships. While some people shrink at the idea of dating around, the Leo considers it a time to play and enjoy the game of romance. And it’s not unusual for a lion on the market to have a few kettles on the stove.
After getting to know a Leo, you might discover that they’re very loyal, but only to themselves. You can come up against severe resistance if trying to bend the will of a Leo for the sake of a relationship. Their pride leads to the reputation of having a super-sized Ego and being a difficult diva type. But in the end, their stubborn self-regard elicits widespread respect, since so many of them grab the gusto and achieve their loftiest goals.
July 21st through August 21st (Dates Vary Every Year)
exuberant, colorful, proud, vivacious, theatrical, confident, generous, affectionate
The Shadow Side
egotistical, bossy, stubborn, provocative, overbearing, dogmatic, selfish
Quality and Element
Fixed and Fire