Tips for Loving an Aquarius
“The more you try to hold on to Aquarius lovers, the more you will feel them slipping like water through your fingers,” says Gary Goldschneider in Everyday Astrology.
Being in a relationship with an Aquarian will force you to think differently. It’s in Aquarian’s nature to be erratic and resist the hive mind — even the mind meld of a twosome — so resting on faith that you’re on the same wavelength with yours can lead to heartbreak.
Aquarians in love are staunchly independent, fun and full of surprises.
It’s a truism that Aquarians like to be friends first. They want to keep things light and stimulating. It’s fair to say they move from the outside in, and flee from any sign of being held in love’s embrace. The more sensitive signs should know going in, that Aquarians are fascinating and cool, but not known for that heartfelt kind of depth.
Clearly-stated expectations of what you’re looking for in a relationship are important, as the Waterbearer’s ways can be shockingly loose. Aquarians are free spirits, so as soon as you feel like you’ve established a rapport, they do or say something totally unexpected to break free from the love hold.
The Aquarius man has lots of friends, some with benefits.
The Aquarius woman defies stereotypes, and is often glamorous, but detached.
First dates with Aquarians should be fun and not too romantically claustrophobic.
They’d rather roam together or in a group of friends than suffer what they view as the usual “getting to know you” litany. Right from the start, you may notice they have short attention spans, following the shiniest object in the room — even if that object happens to be another attractive person. But if the electricity is there between the two of you, it’s a good start.
Another quirk of Aquarius is their ability to vanish into thin air. Defying the usual ‘beginning of the relationship’ courtesies, they call only when and if they want. They don’t stand on convention and if you call them on it, they’re likely to be offended.
Part of loving Aquarians is accepting their unusual relationship to time. They follow their own sense of timing, which may mean long periods in which they are MIA, followed by rapid-fire texting and contact. They may urgently want to get together one moment, only to seem completely indifferent the next. They may be late for a date because they lost track of time. Or they may make a surprise visit to your workplace that breaks all taboos.
They demand privacy and have a reputation for being the sign most likely to sleep around. You might find out later that your Aquarius “friend” has been sleeping with you and two other people.
The Aquarius Dark Side is that of the charming sociopath next door. What counters this behavior is the fact that they’re usually respectful of your privacy as well. Just know that omission does not, in the eyes of an Aquarian, equate to lying.
Aquarians are air signs and compatible love elements are other air signs and fire signs.
Do’s for Dating Aquarians:
- Share your breakthroughs.
- Be dazzling.
- Revel in your friendships.
- Reveal your own nutty side.
- Be a little kinky and experimental.
- Show compassion for everyone equally.
- Be passionate about your causes.
- Laugh at their humor.
- Stay flexible about the schedule.
- Be clear about your own emotional needs.
- Be honest about your values — especially monogamy.
- Be shocking in bed.
- Be full of surprises.
Dont’s For Dating Aquarians:
- Don’t judge their strangeness.
- Don’t get too sentimental with words of endearment.
- Don’t make assumptions about where you stand in the relationship.
- Don’t assume they are monogamous.
- Don’t judge them by how they look.
- Don’t try to win sympathy.
- Don’t try to provoke them into an argument.
- Don’t treat wait staff or those in service positions with arrogance or disrespect.
- Don’t make sweeping generalizations based on race, sexual orientation, religion, sex.